The War of the Gods

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1

Lotus: I introduce myself to the other two as “the great ninja pixie, Lotus,” in a very, almost overly, cheery manner. I also include it will be a pleasure working with ya guys and ask them their names. If I have not already been assumed to do so.

Comments

Cautiously I introduce myself to the group. “My name is Freesia. I’ll try my best not to get in your way. I mean… What I’m trying to say is… I hope to be of assistance.” I rub my head nervously, and await a response from the others.

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

Hi Freesia. Your another pixie, but you don’t look like a ninja. Ninjas are cool. But I guess you can be cool too. [Stares at third member] You also do not look like a ninja and you are not a pixie, but you shadowy like a ninja. I wonder if you are cool?

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

“Adran”, he says with a sly, unassuming smile. "Let’s cut to the chase: I need to be on my best behavior until this little quibble is over. If become a “hinderance” to the mission, I will not hesitate to remove you from the equation through whatever method I choose to be most enjoyable for me."

“Now I need to know what kind of resources you guys can offer me. Skills, items, everything.”

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

“I am a cool ninja, so I have cool ninja sword and cool ninja skills, like this.” [Attempts a small acrobatics performance with her sword i.e. Something along the lines of throwing something in the air and cutting it in pieces while doing a spinning back-flip thing] {Acrobatics check 1d20(19) + 10 = 29} “I also have some light thingies.” Takes out a sunrod to show Adran then puts it back quickly afterwards. “Oh… and I can fly but not very high.” Flies in a quick circle around Adran. “Not many creatures can fly even this much though, so pixies are cool. I do have some these vials filled with make-sick potions.” Pulls out poisons to show to Adran again putting them back soon after showing him. After she puts those back Lotus stands looking very pleased with herself staring up at Adran.

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

The acrobatics check is a complete success by the way.

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

“Hmm, you are well-prepared. I like that. Perhaps you will be useful.” Adran looks over to Freesia in a deceptively calm manner. “And what about you?”

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

Freesia tries to avoid Adran’s gaze while saying, “Um… Well… I can perform… some magic… I don’t… really have any notable… skills… to speak of… However, if you ever need anyone to talk to a fluffy, cuddly animal, I would be happy to help.” Freesia give a wary smile, backs off, and tries to hide behind the nearest object. {Stealth 1d20(19) + 5 = 24}.

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

“At least you can hide well enough to not get in the way,” says Adran with a reluctant smirk.

“Our aim is to clear out a minor infestation of dwarves at a border outpost. We’ll be relying on stealth as much as possible once the outpost is in sight range to gather information on their defenses before engaging them. Depending on their numbers and proximity, our focus will be to isolate and eliminate each target quickly and quietly, assuming control of the outpost.”

“Any questions?”

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

“Isn’t ‘infestation’ a funny word? In…fes…ta…tion.” {hehehe}

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

“Do we have to “eliminate” the targets? Maybe we can… politely ask them to… leave."

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

Adran smirks. “If that was even an option, I’d still be jail right now, enjoying dinner and a show.”

“Let’s get going.”

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

As long as niether of the other two choose to do anything different it takes your party 2 days to reach the fort. You are all down to 8 days of rations and 1 day of water. It is currently mid-afternoon when you arrive at the fort. By arrive you stay in the layer of trees nearby but can make out the fort from this distance.

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

Nature check to forage for food both days so I might not have to use rations and water-skin. First day roll: 1d20(5)+ 9 = 14 [so close], Second day roll: 1d20(11)+9 = 20.

Upon reaching the fort, Lotus tells the others that she wants to check out the neighborhood before nightfall which is the time she assumes we will make our move on the fort.
I do a nature check 1d20(19) + 9 = 28 and take the time before night to attract and search for flying and tiny creatures that may have visited the fort unnoticed. Stealth 1d20(14) + 12 = 26 so that I will go unnoticed from enemies but upon finding animals she makes her approach in a very direct and honest way.

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

Also I just want to mention that I make one of each poison I can make for each extended rest I took.

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

So Paul you have 9 rations and 3 days of water remaining. The rest of the party remains the same. You find a few scavenger birds that have remained and they tell you that they have seen a total of 6 guards outside the building at all times. That is all you know. You make it back to your groups rendezvous right as the sun sets.

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

First I use stealth to in an attempt to go unnoticed by anyone that doesn’t already notice me Stealth 1d20(10) + 5 = 15. I look around using perception 1d20(6) + 0 = 6(lol). Assuming I have nto been noticed yet, I go a little bit further into the forest, not towards the fort. I try to use a much cover as possible to avoid a confrontation from a patrol. I use two nature checks, one to set up shelter and one to conceal it. First is 1d20(8) + 7 = 15. Second is 1d20(5) + 7 = 12. I love these rolls.

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
 

You don’t see anything. You try to assemble a shelter but it crumbles and falls into the swamp. You then cover up the mistake with branches and things to try and hide your presence. Then you return to the rendezvous.

Adran, Freesia & Lotus 1
haimeh

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.